Fall has officially landed upon the streets of The District! Cool weather and autumn colors frame the Cathedral Heights neighborhood, making it hard not to enjoy some of the season’s quintessential elements: colorful gourds, locally pressed cider, hoppy brews, and pumpkin flavored everything.
On October 24th, find all of these fall favorites (plus more!) wrapped up in one place, the inaugural Cathedral Heights Fall Festival and Craft Beer Showcase at Cathedral Commons. This free community event will be an action-packed day taking place from 11am-6pm within the newly developed Cathedral Commons property.
Shop and dine local vendors lining Newark Street, as a main stage entertains you with live performances from The Washington Ballet, a fitness class demonstration from Pure Barre at 11am, and a live concert by The Remainders from 4-6pm. Don’t forget to stop by the beer tasting booth to get your commemorative Fall Festival beer tasting glass and samples of this season’s best local beer from Jailbreak Brewery, Capital Eagle, and more. The petting zoo, pumpkin patch, kids’ craft tables and gigantic inflatable slide will ensure fun for every age!
The Cathedral Heights Fall Festival is proud to support the Washington Ballet with a variety of fundraisers taking place throughout the event, which will be donated directly to the non-profit.
- Petting Zoo
- Pumpkin Patch
- Gigantic inflatable slide and other free kids activities
- Performances on the main stage from The Washington Ballet
- Beer tastings provided by Giant and Grilled Oyster Company
- Fresh Oyster Shucking
- Food and drink from local restaurants including Barcelona Wine Bar, Cactus Cantina, Café Deluxe, Grilled Oyster Company, and Raku
- Concert by The Remainders from 4-6pm
- Raffle prizes including $100 restaurant gift cards and tickets to see The Washington Ballet’s The Nutcracker!
Stay up to date on all event details, photos and news HERE.